Online Marketing Resolution List by admin
It’s a new year, a new beginning, a new leaf, which means plenty of new opportunities for your web site and online marketing program. By this time, I am sure you have made your own personal resolution list for 2010, but have you taken the time to make one for you web site? To help you get rolling, I put together a list of key strategies for you to consider.
1. Test New Ads – Try out new ad variations, it can never hurt to test out something new and fresh.
2. Update Landing Pages – If you don’t already have customized PPC landing pages, now is a perfect time to implement them. If you are already utilizing them, analyze your results and make modifications accordingly.
1. Rewrite Title Tags – When was the last time you updated your title tags? My guess is that they could use a little refresh, especially if you have added new products, services, and/or offerings.
2. Fix broken links/URLs by 301 redirecting them to relevant new pages.
Link Building – Set Monthly Goals
1. Identify X number of link opportunities per month.
2. Send X number of link requests per month.
3. Create X number of new pieces of “link worthy” content a month.
Blog – Set Weekly Goals
1. Blog X number of times a week.
2. Comment on X number of relevant blogs per week.
Social Media – Set Daily Goals
1. Participate consistently, but don’t force it. Tweet & post when you have something to share, not just for the sake of getting something posted.
2. Ensure your profile bios are optimized to their full potential.
Email Marketing– Set Monthly Goals
1. Develop a campaign calendar for the year.
2. Commit to sending X number of emails per month.
3. A/B split test your campaigns and messaging.
1. Commit to spending X number of hours per week digging into your analytics.
2. Analyze the bounce rate for the top 20 landing/entry pages of your web site.
3. Identify and analyze your biggest abandonment pages and modify them for success.
Tools – Test Out New Tools
If you don’t already have a solid list of online marketing tools to help in your efforts, below are a few of my favorites free tools you can check out:
Set goals for your web site and online marketing program. Monitor the success of each of them and then modify the tactics based on the results you see. A resolution list is a perfect starting point. And with a little strategy and planning, your web site is bound to be a success!